Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Questions

The hardest part is not understanding why people don't 'get it'. I/We know our objective is to sail/cruise the rest of our lives away. I talk to people everyday, that say they wish they had the guts to do something, anything like this. To just walk away from the life that is "secure". The not knowing of what is coming up in the next week, or month. I've tried to explain that that is part of the adventure, the unknown, the exploration, the un-constant, the "different 'stuff' different day". I think one of the funniest questions is, "What are you going to eat?" I mean really? We aren't going to be away from land that long. I guess they really don't plan their questions, it's just off the top of their head. Their questions the next time I see them, is usually better, like, "Where do you plan to go?" & "How long will it take to get there?". I guess they aren't that silly of questions, because I'm not sure these same questions hadn't crossed my mind, in the beginning. Now I seem to have a whole different bunch of questions. When is the right time? Which boat is the right one for our needs? Am I going to miss long, hot showers as much as I think I will? How will I stay in touch without my phone? When will I ever get any grand kids?   bunkmate

1 comment: