Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mast Graveyard

 I was lucky and took a 3 day weekend, to go play with my kiddz, so that left the Captain to get his Sheer Stripe done. It is a good job to tackle, especially by yourself. The Cap'n was able to get a couple of Primer coats on. He was able to get alot of the bad areas epoxied. 
  He was able to get our somewhat shade cover figured out. I would have loved to watch that, , from a distance.

 We took a stroll through the other work area, and I was amazed at some of the boats that they were working on back there. There was alot of 'pride in your work' going on back there. Some of the boats were a total reconstruction. We wandered out the other side, and I got kind of nostalgically saddened to come upon what appeared to be the 'mast graveyard' . I hope they all get to go back up soon.
 I am back to work on the Cetol. I stopped by West Marine in Rocklin, and picked up a couple of quarts of the Clear Gloss Cetol. I did put one more 'colored' coat on first, so thats, 4 "Natural Teak" coats of Cetol, and 2 clear gloss coats. 
bunkmate 

No comments:

Post a Comment